Introduction Thread

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Heya, folks, Tech here! I got a project in the works, but I think getting it to a decent state is still quite a ways off, partly due to my short attention span and need to "multitask". I've gotten amazing help from this community, though!

I always really enjoy Pokemon fangames, and while I don't have any expertise in their development, I'd love to brainstorm or give feedback if I could!

also i really like all of our sandboxing/feedback threads but i think i might come off as a creep to aki for liking them all at once

Domiok

Local Goof
Good day, one and all! My name is Domiok. I joined Relic Castle toward the end of 2015 but, excluding a short bout during the summer last year, never really became active. I hope to change that this time around and to get to know the wonderful people here better!

Like so many others, I've had a passion for video games since I was young, and since then, I've shared a heaping of interest in creating levels and games for others to enjoy. As I learned more about the Pokémon fan-game community and about the games put out by the community, I realized that I really wanted to take part and to try my best to develop a fan-game that I had had on my mind for a while. This game now under development goes by code name SET, and I cannot wait to see what comes out of it. Right now, I'm doing the best I can to improve my skills as a developer and to build the game into something that expresses what my heart thinks will be a game that people can appreciate. In the game, I want to emphasize the potential of Pokémon as creatures and to draw the player into a world where people grow with Pokémon, and I hope to put forth a game that incorporates that desire into captivating and engaging gameplay. My current plan for sharing the game involves preparing a short demo by late Fall 2017. As of now, this demo will consist of several segments from the game that I believe best highlight some of the core elements found within the game.

On top of that, if you ever want help on a project, whether it be as simple as feedback or as complex as content creation, I would love to help in any way that I could. Please send me a message if you want anything! Right now, I definitely specialize in scripting, but I'm always working to improve my skills in all other aspects of game design.

If you ever want to talk or do something in general, please feel free to let me know! I'm always open for conversation and fun.

Ras

Scholar
Hello everyone! :blush:
My name is Ras, and like some of you, I'm guy who wants to make his own Pokémon fangame. I have a game I'm making, but it'll take a long time to make it presentable.

I've been inspired in making my own game since 2015, after playing Pokémon Raptor, the first fangame I played. Of course, it wasn't easy and after some time I finished a fangame, Pokémon Shinkou ( not good at names). It was a short play of 30min, going to the first gym and after the first encounter with the evil team. I made a lot of mistakes in the game, but it was playable, and I was proud of it, as a beginner. I had uploaded the game on 4shared, but for not being active on it, the file was deleted from it.

And now, after finding another game dev community, one focused on Pokemon fangames, I feel tempted again to make another one. So, glad to meet you:yum

Alaguesia

The Magician of Oddities
Hello, I'm Alaguesia, calling me Ala is fine, someone once even called me Alex for unknown reasons (Maybe he thought Ala is pronounced similar to Alex idk), and I proceded to ignore him until I realised "omg Alex its me". Hilarious misunderstanding right? Calling me buttface is fine too.

Been a member of Relic Castle for some time, I mostly lurked, and when the discord came out I lurked there the most. Lurking is my speciality, I barely talk.

I like games, pokemon is one of my favorites, maybe one day I will work on my idea instead of playing around essentials doing useless events.

Sparta

Doofus Lunarius
Wait, we're all doing this again? I guess I could. I don't actually think I introduced myself in the old forums, actually.

Hi. My name is SpartaLazor. But, nobody calls me that. Most people just call me Mr. Awesome, or Your Royal Highness, or a compulsive liar. I joined the original Relic Castle forums back in early January of 2016, and they still haven't been able to get rid of me. I'm one of the two developers of Pokemon Loyalty as well as the two classic, awesome, completely amazing and astounding games featuring Steve the Bibarel. Yeah. Don't ask.

Initially, I didn't join Relic Castle because I thought it was some place for the elite fan-game devs, where a doofus like myself wouldn't fit in. Turns out, I was wrong - we're all doofuses (doofi?) here. The people here are usually always nice (unless you're not nice first, and even then they usually are). People are always helpful and less competitive than other forums I've been on, where people would try to knock other people down in order to push themselves up higher. It's smaller than other forums, but you really get to know the people around you. What I liked about the old forums was that I could see a post by someone, and most of the time it was someone that I was familiar with.

We're all one big close family here, really. Using the loosest possible definition of close, of course.

Hukon

Background character
Hi, I'm Hukon. I bet you wouldn't have guessed that from my username. I joined the original Relic Castle in the month of May two k fifteen with the intent of lurking, and that's exactly what I did. In addition to lurking though, I did participate in the two game jams, and even managed to get a spotlight on both of them through copious amounts of bribery.

You won't really have to remember me, as I'm more of a background character than anything else. I might be making a bit of a Ruckus when I post the thread for my next game soon-ish except it might not end up being soon-ish and by that I mean it might take a long time but don't tell anyone shhhhhh!!

My interests outside of fangames are irrelevant don't worry about it.

Kimothy

Novice
Hello folks, I am known mostly on the internet as sweetkimothy/Kimothy, but you can call me Kim. I have loved Pokemon and have tried designing my own Fakemon since I was kid, but my eyes were opened to the possibility of bringing my ideas to life when I stumbled across the Pokemon Essentials engine. I first joined Relic Castle in 2015-ish, but mainly just lurked and occasionally posted up my designs for critique. I had a bit of a crazy art block for a couple of years however and struggled to start, never mind complete, any projects, art related or not. I recently started a new job, and I finally managed to push past my art block by drawing Fakemon during my breaks, and the ideas just kept coming. With a growing Pokedex, I joined the Discord and finally started to speak a bit. I finally cranked open RPG Maker the other day with Essentials loaded, so here's hoping I can actually make some progress towards making these guys into a reality!

Starwolf39YT

Novice
Hey. I'm Starwolf39YT. You may have known me from the old forums. I had a big interest in Pokemon ever since I got my first game Pokemon Pearl.
I'm a great artist and a up to par spriter. I joined Relic Castle a year ago and I had an idea to develop my own fangame because I love the Pokemon franchise.

That's pretty much what I have to say.

OrreMIDI

AKA Fakemon123
Hey everyone! I'm Fakemon123, and I joined Relic almost two years ago, in an attempt to become a better game developer and have fun playing others' games. However, I haven't ever been very productive, and I want to change that. While music does take up most of my time, I am going to try to dedicate more time to the fangame I first began creating when I joined Relic. However, this is more about introductions, so let's forget that game for a moment. As I said before, I absolutely LOVE music, and want to have a career in composing music. My favorite kind of music is video game music and so I often times combine my passion for music and art by spending a few minutes once in a blue moon working on parts of a game that will probably never be released. I want to change that, so I am coming to this new version of Relic Castle with hopes of releasing a demo sometime before the next reboot. (Yes that's a long time away but knowing me it'll take that long to get to a demo stage.) Anyway, one of my favorite parts of developing a game is mapping, so if you ever need advice, hit me up! I am always looking for feedback and always willing to give feedback! Hope to see more of Relic soon!

P.S. LOVING this new forum guys, looks so professional!

Last edited:

Phoenixsong

mulberry ambush
I... I guess the new forums are open now, then? Open-ish? People are here who don't seem like they're beta testing? Um? Cool, cool cool cool cool, okay, cool.

I'm Phoenixsong, or or Phoenixkratos, or one of several other names you'll see me use here and there, or just Phoenix. I don't remember exactly when I joined Relic's first incarnation and I'm far too lazy to make the extra three or so clicks required to go look, but I've been lurking for long enough to realize that you folks is good people. I'm not all that interested in creating main-series-style Pokémon games, but I do have a few ideas for alternative types of Pokémon fangames. Creating fakemon is what I really love to do, though, and I like to think I'm decent at it, so if anyone wants to chat about that then feel free to hit me up!

I also enjoy art in general (and am trying to get better at drawing things other than fakemon, whoops), writing, fantasy worldbuilding and web development, and I have silly websites for both my general creative fandom-related pursuits and a massive honkin' fakedex that goes into entirely too much detail about made-up monsters. Other games/series I like include Fire Emblem, Ace Attorney, Tales of and tabletop RPGs like D&D and Pathfinder. So... there's that. Yeah.

Happy... grand re-opening... is that it? #RelicRebootHype? Belated Pokémon Amethyst Release Celebration? ???? I'm confused, but I'm happy to be here, whatever this nonsense is.

Rhyden

Shuckle Kheen
I just did one of these on the old forum a week ago but I think it's suitable to do another one after an entire reboot. :^]

I'm Raiden (formerly Robo5yoshi) and I do terrible artwork and pretty OK music. In other words, if you ever want my help with something, you should probably ask for some songs and not sprites.
Anything I've done so far has been with SpartaLazor and in the past we've done Steve the Bibarel: Heart of Darkness and Pokémon Loyalty: April Fools Edition. We just started talking about another small-medium length project so keep an eye out for that too.
I've got links to my stuff on my profile so if you wanna know how good I am before you even ask me to do something you can take a looksie at what I've done.

Oh yeah, I really like honey mustard.

Cilerba

relic artist!
Relic Artist
Hello, friends. I'm Max. I'm a graphic designer and game developer or whatever.

Been into the fangame scene since around '07/'08 when Essentials was first released. I stopped making fangames of my own a little while back and have focused more on my own projects but I still love fangames so here I am.

Oh, I also helped make the Relic theme and I made graphics for Relic.

Sergiofr_18

Rookie
Hi! I'm Sergio and I'm a spanish Pokémon fan. I started to develop a game a few months ago and I hope I can post it here soon.

As well as my fan game, I started a "proyect" that tries to create every move and ability introduced on Pokémon Sun&Moon, which I will post as soon as I translate it into English -not difficult though hahaha-.

That's all by now. See you soon! ^^

clockstops

Novice
Hello, my name is clockstops and I am new to this form. I've been waiting to join the old Relic Castle form for a while now, and finally deicded to once I heard about the reboot. I like Pokemon, and have been working on a fan game for quite some time now.

Algalirept

Novice
Hey there I'm Algalirept, I was a member of the old site but I never really posted all that much(mostly cause I had no earthy idea on what I was doing), however now that I have a game plan(haha) I have every intention of being more active as well as participating more regularly on the site. Currently I'm working on my own fan game now that I've become more confident in rpg maker thanks to the wonderful help givin to me on the old site(and this site by extension.) So all I can say is perpare to see a lot of me(I hope.) :blush:

Zer0

Buscador
Hi! I'm Zer0 and I'm Spanish, sorry for my bad English hehehe

I've been involved in the fangame community for a year. I start last year with essentials and I started my first project, Pokémon Nueva Era (it's canceled), later I do an experimental game (Pokémon Strange Matter) with other 6 members of the spanish community.

Now I'm a mod in PokéLiberty, a spanish community, and I'm developing Pokémon Gold Legacy (I think I'll be able to show something here soon). I also made Pokémon Treasure Hunter for a gamejam of PokéLiberty.

I think that's all, I'm happy for join in Relic and I will try to bring things to the community ^^

Involuntary Twitch

Pixel Artist & Writer
Hey this is kinda weird.

I'm Involuntary Twitch, you can just call me Twitch though. I joined the original Relic Castle in March of 2015, when it was a very small community, and seeing it grow and change over the years (more than 2 years, holy cow!) has been an exciting and rewarding experience. I was in the old Skype group, participated in the first ever Summer Game Jam where I made a little experimental game called The Secret of Cinnabar Mansion. Good times, good times.

You might also know me as one of the creators of Pokémon Uranium, which after 9 years of development was completed & released in August of 2016. I'm a pixel artist, fakemon designer, storyline writer, community manager and general know-it-all. I've been doing fangames for a very, very long time, well over a decade now, so I've pretty much seen it all.

I'm not looking to start any new projects right now. To be honest I'll probably just lurk, but I like seeing what kinds of new and unique concepts people are coming up with these days. To be honest, I love all fan games, from buggy first betas to full-fledged adventures. Creating is a really fun thing to do, especially with friends, and it can be incredibly rewarding too. I hope everybody has a good time, and that big daddy Nintendo doesn't crush any of your hopes and dreams :)

P.S. if you'd like feedback on a sprite or a fakemon design, don't hesitate to ask! I know a lot about those things, and I'm pretty friendly.

44tim44

Blaze Red & Lush Green Developer
Yo everyone!

I'm 44tim44, a lazy bum who will never finish his game project because he is a lazy bum.

Jokes aside, I'm an old Game Dev who started in Rom Hacking in 2004 and moved to RPG Maker in 2008.
My skills focus primarily on game design and graphics, but I'm a pretty accomplished scripter and writer too.

If you ever need any feedback, help or even want to commmision something, don't be afraid to ask me!

Nofurne

Bug Researcher
Uh, hi I'm Nofurne, and I'm a bit lost, I was just trying to find cool bug types Fakemons and I ended up here for some reasons, I'm not really important and Idk why i post this message, I'll just watch you guys doing and maybe play your games if I achieve to repair my pc, cya

Kyu

Rookie
Ohh, a place to introduce to others.
Well, hi, i´m kyu, i´ve registered some days ago but i found this place now.
As well as @Zer0 i´m a mod at the spanish fangame community pokeliberty, get involved in that experiment called strange matter and tried to beat him at pokeliberty´s gamejam. (Almost, but an awful ending destroy everything.)
i´ve been using rpg maker since 2014, but i´ve never present any project (actually yes, but better we do as that game has never exist).
Of course, i will try to bring to this community as much as i can, including resources, feedback and tutorials.
And that´s all, hope i can have a great experience in this community.

Last edited: