Solved Music Loop (MP3)

Falcon

Local Robot
While this isn't a major issue, I can see people complaining about it, myself included. So I've been writing out tons of custom tunes for my games and don't want to compress the audio file into a MIDI as I like the sound of 'actual' instruments more. The only problem with this is that once the tune ends there's 2-3 seconds of complete silence and then it starts back up again. So I was wondering if it was possible to make it loop uninterrupted as an MP3 file? If I've heard correctly some other games have done so but I never could figure out how.
Thanks in advance!

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
Use 192 kbps .ogg files instead of .mp3. They have the best compatibility for seamless playing in RMXP. I don't think you can eliminate the stutter when it comes to .mp3. Also you might want to look into FModEx for Essentials. It's a script library for a new media player that allows for custom track loop points.

Maruno

Pokémon Essentials dev
Essentials Developer
The problem with ogg files is they take way longer to load than mp3s (I don't know if FModEx addresses this), which can end up being noticeable for whole tracks as the game freezes while the file loads.

Luka S.J.

Wastage of Time
The problem with ogg files is they take way longer to load than mp3s (I don't know if FModEx addresses this), which can end up being noticeable for whole tracks as the game freezes while the file loads.
I have the exact opposite experience. Without FMod, I've always had 192 kbps .ogg files load instantaneously., while .mp3 files always had that load hang. I do think that FMod Ex further improves audio performance as well.

OP
OP
Falcon

Falcon

Local Robot
Oops, thought I closed this already! The 192 mbps.ogg files worked out for me, thank you! Super excited to play around with FModEX as well!