v18 Got errors. I already made a post about them, but there are more and I think I would make another post.

This thread pertains to v18 of Pokémon Essentials.

Alep2007

local weirdo
this appears when I load the save file.
---------------------------
Error
Script '[PScreen_Load]' line 407: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `updateMap' for nil:NilClass

from 'PScreen_Load' line 407 in `pbStartLoadScreen'
from 'PScreen_Load' line 331 in `loop'
from 'PScreen_Load' line 482 in `pbStartLoadScreen'
from 'Main' line 8 in `main'
from 'Marin's Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `call'
from 'Marin's Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `main'
from 'Main' line 45 in `mainFunctionDebug'
from 'Main' line 24 in `mainFunction'
from 'Main' line 24 in `pbCriticalCode'
from 'Main' line 24 in `mainFunction'
from 'Main' line 55
from 'Main' line 54 in `loop'
OK

The other one appears when I start a battle, but thanks to theother I can't give you the other right now.

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
It's failing to load your save - it looks like you might've deleted a map that you had saved on before, so now the game can't find that map. Try deleting your save file "Game.rxdata" located in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\", where you replace USERNAME with your PC's username.

Alep2007

local weirdo
It's failing to load your save - it looks like you might've deleted a map that you had saved on before, so now the game can't find that map. Try deleting your save file "Game.rxdata" located in "C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\Pokemon Essentials\", where you replace USERNAME with your PC's username.
I didn't delete it, but I'll try to delete it.

Alep2007

local weirdo
I tried, but it gives me this error:
Error
Script '[TilemapLoader]' line 61: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `terrain_tags=' for #<SynchronizedTilemap:0xde2ef70>

from 'TilemapLoader' line 61 in `terrain_tags='
from 'Spriteset_Map' line 57 in `_animationSprite_initialize'
from 'Sprite_AnimationSprite' line 50 in `shadow_initialize'
from 'Sprite_DynamicShadows' line 199 in `old_initialize_base'
from 'Secret Bases' line 621 in `initialize'
from 'Scene_Map' line 20 in `new'
from 'Scene_Map' line 20 in `createSpritesets'
from 'Scene_Map' line 19 in `each'
from 'Scene_Map' line 19 in `createSpritesets'
from 'Scene_Map' line 224 in `main'
from 'Marin's Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `call'
from 'Marin's Scripting Utilities' line 1253 in `main'
OK

Alep2007

local weirdo
I'm not quite sure what this error means, but it looks like the "Secret Bases" script is showing up in the error message. What version of Essentials are you using? Are you using the correct version of Secret Bases for the Essentials version you're on?
I'm using v.18, but the Secret bases is for another version. I don't think that's the problem, because it worked, if not for the secret base items shop. I'll try to delete it, so?
edit: I did it, but it didn't work.

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
I'm using v.18, but the Secret bases is for another version. I don't think that's the problem, because it worked, if not for the secret base items shop. I'll try to delete it, so?
edit: I did it, but it didn't work.
Yeah, the Secret Bases script is technically for v17, but only requires a few minor edits to work with v18, so I guess it's probably not that. Can you describe what exactly you were doing or trying to edit before the first error showed up? All I can tell is that there is some sort of map issue, but I have no idea what.

Alep2007

local weirdo
Yeah, the Secret Bases script is technically for v17, but only requires a few minor edits to work with v18, so I guess it's probably not that. Can you describe what exactly you were doing or trying to edit before the first error showed up? All I can tell is that there is some sort of map issue, but I have no idea what.
Actually, I don't know either. I was just vibing mapping, then I did a translation (I didn't finish it tho), so I put that file in,and it works. Except for when I tried to load tge game. The other error, not the terrain tags one, I don't even know if it is here, showed up. After a few days of not doing anything to the script, I copied tge custom scripts in another Essentials, then took the scripts from a never touched, third one, and put the script file in the main game. Then I copied the custom script, and everything seemed to work. Until I put agsin the language s*it and a third error appears. After removing again the languages from the script, and after a few playtest, tge terrain tags error appeared.

Alep2007

local weirdo
I think the Terrain tags error appeared after I removed the languages, because of an error. I copied and pasted new script and pasted custom ones, but when I start a wild pokémon fight, I get this.
Error
Script '[Interpreter]' line 246: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 14 (coords 10,112), map 470 (Kindle Road):

Exception: ArgumentError

Message: Scene_Initialize:185:in `initialize'wrong number of arguments(4 for 3)

***Full script:

$PokemonGlobal.roamEncounter = nil
$PokemonTemp.roamerIndex = nil
$PokemonTemp.forceSingleBattle = false
$PokemonTemp.encounterType = 0
$PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon = true
pbSingleOrDoubleWildBattle(22,36, $game_map.events[14].map.map_id, $game_map.events[14].x, $game_map.events[14].y,1,0,nil)
$PokemonGlobal.battlingSpawnedPokemon = false
$MapFactory.getMap(470).removeThisEventfromMap(14)

Backtrace:

Interpreter:197:in `pbExecuteScript'

Scene_Initialize:185:in `new'

Scene_Initialize:185:in `pbCreatePokemonSprite'

Scene_Initialize:80:in `_bugContest_pbInitSprites'

Scene_Initialize:77:in `each_with_index'

Scene_Initialize:77:in `each'

Scene_Initialize:77:in `each_with_index'

Scene_Initialize:77:in `_bugContest_pbInitSprites'

PokeBattle_BugContest:8:in `pbInitSprites'

Scene_Initialize:21:in `pbStartBattle'

OK

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
Sorry I'm late - it looks like you might have either copied one of your custom scripts wrong, or one of those scripts are interfering with the main battle scripts. If you Ctrl + Shift + F search for the phrase "class PokemonBattleSprite", how many search results do you get across all your scripts? And can you tell me exactly which scripts have this line or as part of a line, including any custom scripts?

Alep2007

local weirdo
Sorry I'm late - it looks like you might have either copied one of your custom scripts wrong, or one of those scripts are interfering with the main battle scripts. If you Ctrl + Shift + F search for the phrase "class PokemonBattleSprite", how many search results do you get across all your scripts? And can you tell me exactly which scripts have this line or as part of a line, including any custom scripts?
It doesn't appear...
sorry for not responding earlier, I didn't check the site.

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
7 times, 1 in PokeBattle_SceneElements, and 6 in the custom mosaic transform script.
The custom mosaic transform script. Which one are you using? Is it made for v18 or v18.1? Make sure it's updated. If it already is, then see if removing that script fixes the error you got. Even if it introduces a different error, I would like to see that different error.

Alep2007

local weirdo
The custom mosaic transform script. Which one are you using? Is it made for v18 or v18.1? Make sure it's updated. If it already is, then see if removing that script fixes the error you got. Even if it introduces a different error, I would like to see that different error.
and it worked.
Now, next: my encounters file deletes lines for no reason. I made like 300+ encounters maps programmed but some got deleted. then some more. I can easily reprogram them, but what the f*ck.
And I have a problem with translation, but when it happens I have to change completely the script. It is the terrain tag one in my other post.

NettoHikari

Cooltrainer
and it worked.
Now, next: my encounters file deletes lines for no reason. I made like 300+ encounters maps programmed but some got deleted. then some more. I can easily reprogram them, but what the f*ck.
And I have a problem with translation, but when it happens I have to change completely the script. It is the terrain tag one in my other post.
Hm, I've never heard of the game deleting lines from encounters.txt before. It could be trying to throw out duplicate encounter entries (like accidentally writing two Land encounters for the same map) or extraneous lines within encounters (like accidentally writing 13 lines for a Land encounter instead of 12), but otherwise I'm not really sure.

I tried tracing your terrain tags error more closely, and I have another thing you could try. In the Settings script, what is the value of the constant MAPVIEWMODE? If you changed that in the past to get a different view mode, then try changing it back to 1.