Player Pronouns (alt)

Resource Player Pronouns (alt)

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
TechSkylander1518 submitted a new resource:

Player Pronouns (alt) - I coded a slightly different pronoun picker from Fiona's existing one

Okay, so, first and foremost, the differences between this resource and Fiona's! You should know that, even though Fiona's was developed in 17.2, it's still perfectly compatible with 18.1, so you do have options!
  • Installing Fiona's resource is a matter of just putting in one new script section, so it's much easier than adding mine, which involves...

Read more about this resource...

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
TechSkylander1518 updated Player Pronouns (alt) with a new update entry:

I actually don't know Ruby that well lol

Plug and play, baby! No need to go into a bunch of script sections, just making this a new one should do the trick! Also fixed the error where adding to a game would make it crash- now, the calls will just display in text until the player chooses their pronouns. (For example, \hes would actually displays as "\hes", rather than "he's")

Read the rest of this update entry...

serilly

Rookie
hey, i'm having some issues with this script - when using the custom pronouns it crashes once it gets to the second input.

it spits out the following error:
[Pokemon Essentials version 18.1dev]
Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error within event 4 (coords 20, 1), map 3 (Player's house):
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: Pronouns:148:in 'pbMessageDisplay' undefined method 'downcase' for nil:NilClass

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
hey, i'm having some issues with this script - when using the custom pronouns it crashes once it gets to the second input.

it spits out the following error:
Oh, sorry about that! I wasn't considering the order the pronouns are entered in for the message check. Luckily, it's an easy fix!

At this section of the code:
Ruby:
   unless Kernel.respond_to?(:pbMessageDisplay_Old)
      alias pbMessageDisplay_Old pbMessageDisplay
      def pbMessageDisplay(*args)
        if $Trainer
          if $Trainer.they

Just change "if $Trainer.they" to if "$Trainer.themself", and that should fix it!

Midwest

Rookie
Hey there! Is there a script command I can use during my intro that allows the player to set their pronouns during the character creation section where the player chooses their character model and name?

Thanks!

TechSkylander1518

Wiki Dweeb
Hey there! Is there a script command I can use during my intro that allows the player to set their pronouns during the character creation section where the player chooses their character model and name?

Thanks!
Was looking over this and realized that the script asks to "Update pronouns", which might be a bit awkward for an intro lol, so if you want to change the text for the intro, change command = pbMessage(_INTL("Update pronouns?")!

Midwest

Rookie
Was looking over this and realized that the script asks to "Update pronouns", which might be a bit awkward for an intro lol, so if you want to change the text for the intro, change command = pbMessage(_INTL("Update pronouns?")!
Awesome, appreciate the additional update!