Released Pokemon Vanguard (Version 2.5 Released)

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Released
Project Version
Pokemon_Vanguard.png

"Where there's light, darkness follows. Where there's darkness, light follows."
By Ayrei

This is my first attempt at a Pokemon game which I am currently working on mostly solo. So please note that things may not seem as polished as other and more popular fan games :)

Desideria
A region once protected by the Aspects, powerful trainers bound by Legendary Pokemon, now shrouded by darkness and mystery as a new and modern government known as The Federation takes control of this once beautiful and peaceful region. Team Defiance, a group who opposes this new government, terrorizes this region while the Federation hunts down the remaining Aspects one by one.
You wake up on an island to the south of the main continent.
No memories.
No Pokemon.
Only a name.

A brand new region
A less traditional, and darker story
Pokemon from Gen 1-8
Custom player models
New and unique characters
Remixes from GlitchxCity and more
Hidden Grottos
A unique battle theme for each gym leader and important character
And more

gamess15.pnggamess14.pnggamess13.pnggamess12.png
gamess11.pngGameSS10.png
unknown (10).pngunknown (12).pngunknown (13).pngunknown (14).pngunknown (15).png

v2.5 - 1/15/2021
Goes up to the Second Gym, about 6-7 hours of gameplay
WHEN UPDATING FROM V1 PLEASE DO NOT SAVE IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS
Arlen
Arlen PMC
Crosstown Center
Daycare
Route 3
Souten
Qyilex
Patch below REQUIRED (extract or paste extracted contents into game folder)

Thank you LordBN for making a few character sprites for me!
If I missed any credits please let me know.

Pokemon Essentials v17 by Maruno (2011-2018), Peter O. (2007-2010), based on work by Flameguru

Tilesets

Pokemon Infinity Resources (The pokemon summary screen, battle ui, and bag ui are also from these resources)
Magiscarf
WesleyFG
SailorVicious (Formerly known as Heavy-Metal-Lover)
Shawn Frost
NSora-96
PeekyChew
Kyle-Dove
Claisprojects.com
Minorthreat0987
The-Red-Ex
UltimoSpriter
TyranitarDark
DarkDragonn
rafa-cac
Phyromatical
Alucus
Newtiteuf
ChaoticCherryCake
moca
Akizakura16
Kyle-Dove
Clara-WaH

Window skins
Mr. Gela

Sprites/Character models

Pokémon BW/BW2 OW Characters in Gen IV OW style - DiegoWT
Gen 4 OW Sprites by:
Neo-Spriteman
VanillaSunshine
PurpleZaffre & Maicerochico
AtomicReactor

Gen 6-8 PBS files and sprites
Zerokid
Amethyst
Jan
Zumi
Bazaro
Koyo
Smeargletail
Alex
Noscium
Leparagon
N-kin
fishbowlsoul90
princess-phoenix
DatLopunnyTho
Conyjams
kaji atsu
The cynical poet
LuigiPlayer
Falgaia
Pikafan2000
Mashirosakura (Magearna recolours)
Lord-Myre
MillaLya

Music
GlitchxCity
VanniluxePavilion
The discord
https://discord.gg/nHTH58cfQY
Why join the discord?
I'm not always online this site or others that I have this game posted on.
Joining the discord allows easy access to bug reporting, game patches, progress updates, beta testing, and more.

Feedback would be appreciated

Last edited:

Ayrei

Novice

Hi everyone
Here are some screenshots and info about the upcoming massive update I have been working very hard on!

3 New Starters
StartersVanguard.png
Grass-Fairy Chikorita
Fire-Ghost Cyndaquil
Water-Dragon Totodile

These 3 new regional variants will replace the current starters. But don't worry, if you are a returning player who does not wish to restart their save file to receive one of these new starters, you will still be able to obtain one.

New regional variants
895.png
Electric-Flying Swablu
V3 will include a total of 36 new regional variants, including the new starters. Each one will be obtainable in the current version of the game once released and have uncommon type combinations.

New maps
unknown (8).pngunknown (9).png
V3 will feature vibrant new maps and map updates. In V2 I released a small number of map updates to those that felt outdated. In v3, almost every map that did not receive an update in v2 will have one.

Story
Pokemon Vanguard's main focus is storytelling, worldbuilding, and character development. In v3, the player character's background will finally be expanded upon as you begin to understand your purpose for being thrown into this strange new world. V3 will also conclude the first arc of the game and reveal small bits and pieces of lore regarding the main continent and the dangers that surround it.

If you haven't yet, please join the discord where I actively release progress updates. I'll also be revealing news about beta testing for v3, so if you're interested in that I highly suggest you join.
https://discord.gg/sr24E8keRs

Somnus

Rookie
Although it looks cool, the UI is directly taken from Pokemon Infinity. AtomicReactor specifically said tiles are fair game but UI is off-limits.