Released Pokémon Etherean Dreams - v1.9

This project has a release available. The full version is still a work in progress.
Project Status
Demo
Project Version
1605207227742.png

Story:

Western Lethos

You are from Oriole Town in the region of Lethos, applying to become the assistant of Professor Oleander, a charismatic Pokémon Professor and longtime family friend. When she gives you a Pokédex and a partner, you decide to go on an adventure across the region, challenging the Gyms to become the best. Along the way, you will encounter the mysterious and dubious Team Wish, an organization advertising themselves as wish-granters at the cost of people's Pokémon, and discover the shrouded history of the Lethos region.

The first demo includes the prologue and first three chapters of the game, two gyms, and over 100 Pokémon from the Lethian Pokédex to find and raise, and 3 Etherean Pokémon that you can find in the game. Many previously useless Pokémon have been buffed to give them more usability, so don't feel shy to use your favorite! The demo's current level cap is 30. It has around 3~4 hours of gameplay. There are 3 difficulties to select from, and an optional "permadeath" mode if you're into that. This demo is only a short portion of the full game, so all feedback is appreciated!

Screenshots:
screenshots.png

Features:
  • Etherean Forms of Pokémon
  • New Mega Evolutions
  • Some Fakemon
  • Following Pokémon
  • Pokémon Marks
  • DexNav
  • Pokémon Expeditions
  • Hidden Grottos
  • 3 Difficulty Settings
  • Optional Permadeath Mode
  • Side Quests
  • In-Game time and Hotels to Pass Time
  • Autosave

Download:
v1.9 Windows
1/23/21

Latest Changelog:
v1.9:
    • Added Fast Forward button (W for keyboard, Right Trigger for controllers.)
    • Moved questlog to pause menu and replaced it with a habitat display instead.
    • Current level cap displays in Trainer Card now.
    • Old saves automatically update.
    • Fixed bugs.

Feel free to join the Discord by clicking below!
https://discord.gg/DhgpbJX

Frequently Asked Questions:
FAQ

We are also looking for spriters, artists, composers, and playtesters!
Link to recruitment post

Credits:
Team Etherean:
Avery (@AceTrainerAvery)
AnonAlpaca - Pokémon Sprites, BGs
Monika (@Pantastic_Monika) - Trainer OW Sprites, Pokémon OW Sprites
Amelia (@WARlOAPPARITION) - Whatever
Ari (@NyanbinaryAri) - Character Designs/Art and Pokémon Designs/Art
Patsy (@m1ravariable) - Character Designs/Art
Elle (@Elle_Loves_Hugs) - Pokémon Designs/Art
ThronoCrigger - Music

Volunteers:
Trintler
KennyCatches
neonbladez

MKXP:
orochii
Ancurio

Scripts:
Maruno - Essentials
Poccil - Essentials
Michael - Party Switcher
Marcello - Party Switcher
ZeroKid - Party Switcher
Boonzeet - Item Finder Script, Text Bubbles
Golispod User - Midbattle Dialogue, Text Bubbles, Following Pokémon, Level Caps
Marin - Plugin Manager, Map Exporter, and Stairs.
Tustin2121 - Simple Exit Arrows
Luka S.J. - F12 Restarting Fix
Deo - Time Tones
CharizardThree3 - Bag Script Base
thesuzerain - DexNav Script
LackDeJurane - Bag Script Base
Nuri Yuri - FModEx
FL - Unreal TIme System
JV - Pause Menu Base
KleinStudio - On Bush Script, Key Item Animation Script
Simple Encounter List Credits: (raZ, Nuri Yuri, Vendily for main script
Savordez, Marin for helping with the code
Zaffre for the v1.2 update
ThatWelshOne_ for the v1.3 update)
Vendily - Helping out with many issues and the Expeditions Script
"Pokémon Essentials" was created by: Flameguru Poccil (Peter O.) Maruno With contributions from: AvatarMonkeyKirby<s>Luka S.J. Boushy<s>MiDas Mike Brother1440<s>Near Fantastica FL.<s>PinkMan Genzai Kawakami<s>Popper help-14<s>Rataime IceGod64<s>SoundSpawn Jacob O. Wobbrock<s>the__end KitsuneKouta<s>Venom12 Lisa Anthony<s>Wachunga and everyone else who helped out.
"RPG Maker XP" by: Enterbrain
Pokémon is owned by: The Pokémon Company Nintendo Affiliated with Game Freak

Tiles by:
Magiscarf
Maxewenx
Evolina
Phyromatical
Zeo
The Red Ex
19Dante19
Alistair
Flurmimon
Leparagon
Crocovyle
mjco
WolfPP
KyleDove
Zerudez
Seiyouh
TheGreatBlaid
Newtiteuf
PandaInDaGame
Hek-el-grande
Princess-Phoenix
Gigatom
Atomic Reactor
Poltergeist
DiegoWT
Akizakura16
Dewitty
Prince Legandario
SailorVicious
Pablus94
Diegotoon20
WesleyFG
XDinky
Zetavares852
princessmagic
ThatsSoWitty
NoelleMBrooks
Kymotonian
PurpleAladdin
KingOfThe-X-Roads
Aki
Alucus
Mew
KingTapir
Hydrargirium
rayd12smithy

Pokemon Sprites by:
AceTrainerAvery
@WARlOAPPARITION
Princess-Phoenix
Magiscarf
LuxDiablo
AnonAlpaca
Magiscarf
Luka S.J.

Battle Animations:
The Pokemon Reborn team
-Amethyst, Jan, Inuki, Smeargletail, Mde, Koyo
-Sound: Amethyst, Pokemon Mystery Universe
-Graphic Rip: Neslug

Battle Backgrounds by:
carchagui
AnonAlpaca

UI Assets by:
SirMalo
PSDK/Pokémon SDK

Old Trailer:

Last edited:

Titan Atlas

Rookie
1609684330056.pngjust letting you guys know, ive been seeing a few people post about this kind of bug but i think the problem with the crashing is when walking on one of the tiles either side of stairs. im not sure if this happens with all sets of stairs but just to be safe, you might want to check them all out

drakonspyre_gaming

Rookie
Just started playing and I love it! The story is great so far. Is there supposed to be attack sfx or background music? Because I'm not getting any.

Avery

Community Best Friend!
View attachment 1387just letting you guys know, ive been seeing a few people post about this kind of bug but i think the problem with the crashing is when walking on one of the tiles either side of stairs. im not sure if this happens with all sets of stairs but just to be safe, you might want to check them all out
Update the game when it comes out instead of reporting an old and already fixed bug, please.

Just started playing and I love it! The story is great so far. Is there supposed to be attack sfx or background music? Because I'm not getting any.
Thank you! Yes, there is. Make sure to check the audio settings in the options menu, make sure your speaker works, and make sure the Audio folder exists.

Avery

Community Best Friend!
:Sit:
FAQ
:Sitter:

Q: I encountered a problem in the game! What do I do?
A: If you've found a problem in Etherean Dreams, please fill out the reporting form. If possible, please mention the following information when reporting a bug:
1. A detailed description of the bug you’re encountering.
2. Explanation about how we could reproduce this bug step by step. Does it occur only in certain areas? With a certain Pokémon? While doing a certain quest? The more you can narrow it down, the faster we'll be able to identify and solve the issue.
3. How frequently does this bug appear? Only once? Every once in a while? Every single time?
4. Any screenshots or video footage that could help us understand the problem. You can take screenshots by pressing F8.

Please do not report problems if you aren't using the latest version. This could lead to you wasting the developer's time with problems that could've already been fixed. If you're reporting a graphical glitch, such as layers being incorrectly displayed, or tiles being able to be walked through, screenshots would be required to enable us to quickly solve the issue.

Reporting form: https://forms.gle/HePLk1AwE4zWHCeE7

Q: Where can I download the game?
A: Besides Relic Castle and PokéCommunity, you can also find it in #ed-downloads on the Discord, which will be where each update is posted first.

Q: How long is the demo?
A: v1.x goes up to the 2nd gym and include a non-story portion afterward. Beating the demo, there are a total of 11 side quests and 3 Etherean Pokémon (excluding starter) you can find and a super boss exclusive to the postgame of the demo.

Q: Are there any other Etherean Pokémon in the demo?
A: As of v1.0, there are three other Etherean Pokémon you can obtain in the game, excluding starters. Two can be found via side quests, and one in a certain area...

Q: Are there Mega Evolutions in the game?
A: Yes, including some new Mega Evolutions! In fact, a Mega Stone for one can be found in-game...

Q: When is the next big update for the game coming?
A: Whenever it's ready! We want to make the game perfect, so we'll be avoiding rushing! The game will get small updates from time to time fixing bugs, but that'll be it until it's fully ready!

Q: How do I update the game?
A: Download the newest download of the game, delete the old folder, and unzip the new version and begin playing! Simple as that!

Q: Is the game playable on X?
A: If it isn't on Windows, don't play it. We love accessibility in our community, but playing the game on a system it was not designed for will only lead to a negative experience.

Q: Are we allowed to make content based off of or on the game, such as videos and fan art?
A: Absolutely! We have two dedicated chats on the Discord, #video-creation and #fan-art, for that very topic. If you create something you would like to show off, feel free to do so in those chats!

If you have any more questions, please consider joining the Discord community. With over 200 people currently, it would be a good place to ask questions relating to the game.

Thundaga

Tutorial Guy
I just finished playing through the demo and had an amazing time! Great work Avery, and the rest of the Etherean Team! I'm really looking forward to future updates, and seeing the story of the Lethos region expanded! I've compiled a few feedback notes below, which I hope help out!👍
  • Stuff I really liked:
    • The battle background art is so amazing! I loved seeing all the new background art as I traveled around the different routes/caves
    • The route layouts are very well done! There was a lot of smart usage of winding paths and stairs, with one-way jumps to connect back to earlier areas in a cyclical style... I really appreciate the route designs! Plus there wasn't too much mandatory grass, so that's always a plus! Also I really loved that beach route at the end, I think it was Route 6! Very good bridge usage above the cliffsides!
    • The Expedition system is really ambitious and unique! I know it's from Sword/Shield, but I was still blown away, since I have never seen another fangame do something like this before! I thought it was very well done, and nicely accessible from the menus. Plus, collecting maps to unlock more expeditions was really cool and satisfying!
    • The Etherean Forms a very interesting, and I wanted to find more! I like that they play into the story as well, and it was very rewarding to receive some of these new Pokemon as quest rewards! Knowing that there were rewards like that available made me want to complete every quest!
    • The EV and IV stones are a really cool idea! It's a bummer when your starter has garbage IVs (THANK YOU for also making these visible in the summary screen), so having the ability to remedy this is really nice
    • The UI is very nice for the screens that were updated (Summary, Bag). I love that there's a quest log, as well as text displaying the current main objective in the pause menu!
    • The character designs are mostly fantastic, and I love that the trainers had a choice of 3 designs, which were all very well drawn!
    • Great music choices for all the maps👌
    • Lethian Ore as a currency that can be used with various NPCs in the region is a very cool concept, and hopefully one we get to see more of in future updates!
    • I almost forgot about these options, but having difficulty and permadeath modes available at the very start is super cool! I would like to see an explanation for how each difficulty works added to the game though. Perhaps the explanations could appear when picking a difficulty? To my understanding, it affects enemy levels and EXP gain? I felt like I was gaining a ton of EXP, but I was also playing on Normal difficulty, so that could be part of it!
    • I'm interested in seeing more of Amanda's story! She seems like a fun/friendly rival, and it's cool that her signature Pokemon is Gothita
    • I'm also interested in seeing more of Team Dream's plans! Currently, they're a bit vague in their goals, but that's fine as long as it's established that they're evil (stealing Pokemon and desecrating sacred grounds). I'm also very interested in the fact that some of them are being forced to commit crimes, so we could see some redemption for Victoria!
    • It was nice to hear the BGS channel being utilized! Running water, typing on keyboards... it adds a lot to the immersion and feel of the world!
    • Shiny Pokemon for gym leaders and enemy team admins is a cool idea. Not enough enemy trainers in fangames have shinies!
    • The increased screen size is a very cool idea, and it mostly works out great! It takes some getting used to for sure haha. Being able to see more of the routes was cool though! And having the battle UI showcase more of the environment was always good, when the battle backgrounds were so pleasant
  • Stuff I didn't like as much, or would like to see modified:
    • I personally dislike the day/night cycle in its current iteration. Having different events appear based on time of day is AWESOME, and really encourages exploring areas at different times, but having it not tied to my PC's clock and instead to the game's internal time leads to a lot of waiting around for the time change. The solution is to use the game's hotels, but at a price of $3000 I never wanted to use them! If all they do is change the time between day and night (would be cool to choose time actually), the cost should be lowered IMO!
    • The new summary screen navigation messed with my brain so much! I'm so used to using vertical inputs to scroll through my list of Pokemon, and using horizontal inputs to tab across the stat pages for my Pokemon. This game does the inverse, and I never fully got used to it, due to my time with other Pokemon fangames! I believe this is how it's done in Sw/Sh though, so it's probably fine to leave as is. I just wanted to make it clear that it will probably trip up a lot of people who have played a lot of other fangames haha!
    • I wish that the items were just given to me immediately after an Expedition was completed! It felt kinda awkward to have to select "Receive Items" from the Expeditions menu after the Expedition finished.
      • Additionally, it would be nice to see the icons of the Pokemon that are on the Expedition in the Expeditions menu. I know that they are visible when viewing the Expedition progress, which is nice, but when deciding who to send on an Expedition it would be good to see who's already in the group!
    • I play with a controller and use JoyToKey to send my button presses as Keyboard inputs, so take this feedback with a grain of salt, but the DexNav/Shift menu felt very awkward to use. Having it bound to the SHIFT key and then requiring mouse input to select a function on the menu was a big pain for me personally, as I would have to set down my controller and grab my mouse every time I wanted to view the map or check on Expeditions. IDEALLY, this Shift menu could also be navigated with the arrow keys, so a cursor would move between the functions and then Confirm could be pressed to select a function. The current menu setup made me wish I had the map as a key item instead😅
    • Might just be a balancing issue, or my setup with IVs and nature, but Etherean Piplup is SO STRONG! With the enemy types I faced in the demo, I felt like he could solo the whole game!
    • The puzzle in the first gym was a little confusing for me (maybe I'm just dense). I ended up pressing all the buttons a couple of times until it just worked haha! Maybe there could be some way to add clarity to the puzzle, and drive home that the flower is moving up and down?
    • The puzzle in the second gym was a little awkward, since I picked up the equipment before realizing that was the objective of the gym puzzle, and for a brief moment I thought it was a for another quest outside of the gym! I think it could work better if at the start of the gym there's an NPC that says she'll let you go to fight Bruce after she tests your strength, but only after you help her get ready for the fight by acquiring all the gym gear.
    • Bruce's design is a bit plain IMO, though that could be part of his appeal! I just kinda felt like he didn't look like a gym leader, per my expectations of how other gym leaders tend to appear haha! This is all my opinion though, and he's currently fine as is.
    • Maybe it's nitpicky, but Oleander's Lab is really dark haha! I thought it was a joke at first, and she would turn the lights on later!
    • The battle background art looks amazing, but all the battle UI is the default essentials UI (battler boxes and move selections). I think it would be really cool to update these in the future, in such a way that matches the game's themes/colors! Blue/purple gradients and stars, with yellow highlights for the battle HUD elements could be cool!
  • Bugs
    • Art (I imagine these will be added in time as the art is created, so no worries)
      • There are no trainer front or backsprites, causing an empty trainer card
      • Prinplup's icon sprite is not the Etherean form
      • There are missing battle backgrounds in the gyms and the cave in Osprey Town, and default back to base essentials bgs
        • I'm very excited to see how the battle backgrounds in the gyms look! When added, I bet they'll look great!
    • Mapping
      • The outside of the world is visible for a brief moment along the left edge of the screen when leaving the Flower Garden in Osprey town
      • The interior of another home is visible for a brief moment along the bottom edge of the screen when entering one of the homes in Plover City
    • Eventing
      • CRITICAL BUG: When talking to the NPC blocking the Route 5 cave from the left side, he will get stuck walking into the player's follower Pokemon and the game will freeze. Maybe setting him to "Through ON" at the start of his move route would fix this? Or maybe he could just disappear with a fade to black 😅
      • A moderate amount of dialogue lines did not appear above the speaking event, and would appear a long the bottom of the screen, with the speaker arrow attempting to draw down to the textbox: Example
      • I always ended up interacting with my follow pokemon after picking up an item and then attempting to turn around and run through them. This one's kinda weird, and almost feels like a feedback bug... but I swear something is going on here!
    • Programming
      • BIG EXPLOIT: The XP Candies XS (gained from expeditions) are not removed from the player's inventory when they are used. They can be used to gain infinite XP, and I believe it's due to them appearing in the wrong bag section. Ideally, they would be a consumable just like the Rare Candy.
      • The game crashed on me once shortly after a map transition (heading up to Route 3 through the gate), when two audio tracks played at the same time. It was raining as well on Route 3 if that helps add any context! This one is a bummer of a crash... I've been looking into fixing it in Pokemon Splice for some time, but it seems to just happen randomly sometimes. I believe this one is related to the looping audio channel not properly stopping one track, and the channel getting congested with 2 tracks attempting to play at the same time. When anything is done that would play additional audio (Ex: opening a menu), the game just freezes and then crashes shortly afterward.
      • Partner Pokemon would frequently bounce around and sometime struggle to keep up with me as I ran around the region. They would sometimes shoot up to 10 tiles away from me at times, and it was really funny!
      • Some of the UI did not look great with the updated screen size, and ideally the UI elements would be moved/adjusted to align with the new screen edges. For example, the Pokedex is the default essentials dex, and it looks very much aligned with the top left of the screen, rather than filling the screen or appearing centered.
I did a complete playthrough of the game, and if you're interested in seeing how it went, you can check it out below! I started on version 1.1, and ended on version 1.4!

Last edited:

drakonspyre_gaming

Rookie
Update the game when it comes out instead of reporting an old and already fixed bug, please.

Thank you! Yes, there is. Make sure to check the audio settings in the options menu, make sure your speaker works, and make sure the Audio folder exists.
Checked that. Hardware works, audio settings are set to 100. Audio folder only has SE in it though, could that be part of the issue? I also filed a bug report at the link you posted above. However, I mistakenly typed 1.3 in the version slot, but I'm playing 1.5 (just downloaded this morning).

Avery

Community Best Friend!
I just finished playing through the demo and had an amazing time! Great work Avery, and the rest of the Etherean Team! I'm really looking forward to future updates, and seeing the story of the Lethos region expanded! I've compiled a few feedback notes below, which I hope help out!👍
  • Stuff I really liked:
    • The battle background art is so amazing! I loved seeing all the new background art as I traveled around the different routes/caves
    • The route layouts are very well done! There was a lot of smart usage of winding paths and stairs, with one-way jumps to connect back to earlier areas in a cyclical style... I really appreciate the route designs! Plus there wasn't too much mandatory grass, so that's always a plus! Also I really loved that beach route at the end, I think it was Route 6! Very good bridge usage above the cliffsides!
    • The Expedition system is really ambitious and unique! I know it's from Sword/Shield, but I was still blown away, since I have never seen another fangame do something like this before! I thought it was very well done, and nicely accessible from the menus. Plus, collecting maps to unlock more expeditions was really cool and satisfying!
    • The Etherean Forms a very interesting, and I wanted to find more! I like that they play into the story as well, and it was very rewarding to receive some of these new Pokemon as quest rewards! Knowing that there were rewards like that available made me want to complete every quest!
    • The EV and IV stones are a really cool idea! It's a bummer when your starter has garbage IVs (THANK YOU for also making these visible in the summary screen), so having the ability to remedy this is really nice
    • The UI is very nice for the screens that were updated (Summary, Bag). I love that there's a quest log, as well as text displaying the current main objective in the pause menu!
    • The character designs are mostly fantastic, and I love that the trainers had a choice of 3 designs, which were all very well drawn!
    • Great music choices for all the maps👌
    • Lethian Ore as a currency that can be used with various NPCs in the region is a very cool concept, and hopefully one we get to see more of in future updates!
    • I almost forgot about these options, but having difficulty and permadeath modes available at the very start is super cool! I would like to see an explanation for how each difficulty works added to the game though. Perhaps the explanations could appear when picking a difficulty? To my understanding, it affects enemy levels and EXP gain? I felt like I was gaining a ton of EXP, but I was also playing on Normal difficulty, so that could be part of it!
    • I'm interested in seeing more of Amanda's story! She seems like a fun/friendly rival, and it's cool that her signature Pokemon is Gothita
    • I'm also interested in seeing more of Team Dream's plans! Currently, they're a bit vague in their goals, but that's fine as long as it's established that they're evil (stealing Pokemon and desecrating sacred grounds). I'm also very interested in the fact that some of them are being forced to commit crimes, so we could see some redemption for Victoria!
    • It was nice to hear the BGS channel being utilized! Running water, typing on keyboards... it adds a lot to the immersion and feel of the world!
    • Shiny Pokemon for gym leaders and enemy team admins is a cool idea. Not enough enemy trainers in fangames have shinies!
    • The increased screen size is a very cool idea, and it mostly works out great! It takes some getting used to for sure haha. Being able to see more of the routes was cool though! And having the battle UI showcase more of the environment was always good, when the battle backgrounds were so pleasant
  • Stuff I didn't like as much, or would like to see modified:
    • I personally dislike the day/night cycle in its current iteration. Having different events appear based on time of day is AWESOME, and really encourages exploring areas at different times, but having it not tied to my PC's clock and instead to the game's internal time leads to a lot of waiting around for the time change. The solution is to use the game's hotels, but at a price of $3000 I never wanted to use them! If all they do is change the time between day and night (would be cool to choose time actually), the cost should be lowered IMO!
    • The new summary screen navigation messed with my brain so much! I'm so used to using vertical inputs to scroll through my list of Pokemon, and using horizontal inputs to tab across the stat pages for my Pokemon. This game does the inverse, and I never fully got used to it, due to my time with other Pokemon fangames! I believe this is how it's done in Sw/Sh though, so it's probably fine to leave as is. I just wanted to make it clear that it will probably trip up a lot of people who have played a lot of other fangames haha!
    • I wish that the items were just given to me immediately after an Expedition was completed! It felt kinda awkward to have to select "Receive Items" from the Expeditions menu after the Expedition finished.
      • Additionally, it would be nice to see the icons of the Pokemon that are on the Expedition in the Expeditions menu. I know that they are visible when viewing the Expedition progress, which is nice, but when deciding who to send on an Expedition it would be good to see who's already in the group!
    • I play with a controller and use JoyToKey to send my button presses as Keyboard inputs, so take this feedback with a grain of salt, but the DexNav/Shift menu felt very awkward to use. Having it bound to the SHIFT key and then requiring mouse input to select a function on the menu was a big pain for me personally, as I would have to set down my controller and grab my mouse every time I wanted to view the map or check on Expeditions. IDEALLY, this Shift menu could also be navigated with the arrow keys, so a cursor would move between the functions and then Confirm could be pressed to select a function. The current menu setup made me wish I had the map as a key item instead😅
    • Might just be a balancing issue, or my setup with IVs and nature, but Etherean Piplup is SO STRONG! With the enemy types I faced in the demo, I felt like he could solo the whole game!
    • The puzzle in the first gym was a little confusing for me (maybe I'm just dense). I ended up pressing all the buttons a couple of times until it just worked haha! Maybe there could be some way to add clarity to the puzzle, and drive home that the flower is moving up and down?
    • The puzzle in the second gym was a little awkward, since I picked up the equipment before realizing that was the objective of the gym puzzle, and for a brief moment I thought it was a for another quest outside of the gym! I think it could work better if at the start of the gym there's an NPC that says she'll let you go to fight Bruce after she tests your strength, but only after you help her get ready for the fight by acquiring all the gym gear.
    • Bruce's design is a bit plain IMO, though that could be part of his appeal! I just kinda felt like he didn't look like a gym leader, per my expectations of how other gym leaders tend to appear haha! This is all my opinion though, and he's currently fine as is.
    • Maybe it's nitpicky, but Oleander's Lab is really dark haha! I thought it was a joke at first, and she would turn the lights on later!
    • The battle background art looks amazing, but all the battle UI is the default essentials UI (battler boxes and move selections). I think it would be really cool to update these in the future, in such a way that matches the game's themes/colors! Blue/purple gradients and stars, with yellow highlights for the battle HUD elements could be cool!
  • Bugs
    • Art (I imagine these will be added in time as the art is created, so no worries)
      • There are no trainer front or backsprites, causing an empty trainer card
      • Prinplup's icon sprite is not the Etherean form
      • There are missing battle backgrounds in the gyms and the cave in Osprey Town, and default back to base essentials bgs
        • I'm very excited to see how the battle backgrounds in the gyms look! When added, I bet they'll look great!
    • Mapping
      • The outside of the world is visible for a brief moment along the left edge of the screen when leaving the Flower Garden in Osprey town
      • The interior of another home is visible for a brief moment along the bottom edge of the screen when entering one of the homes in Plover City
    • Eventing
      • CRITICAL BUG: When talking to the NPC blocking the Route 5 cave from the left side, he will get stuck walking into the player's follower Pokemon and the game will freeze. Maybe setting him to "Through ON" at the start of his move route would fix this? Or maybe he could just disappear with a fade to black 😅
      • A moderate amount of dialogue lines did not appear above the speaking event, and would appear a long the bottom of the screen, with the speaker arrow attempting to draw down to the textbox: Example
      • I always ended up interacting with my follow pokemon after picking up an item and then attempting to turn around and run through them. This one's kinda weird, and almost feels like a feedback bug... but I swear something is going on here!
    • Programming
      • BIG EXPLOIT: The XP Candies XS (gained from expeditions) are not removed from the player's inventory when they are used. They can be used to gain infinite XP, and I believe it's due to them appearing in the wrong bag section. Ideally, they would be a consumable just like the Rare Candy.
      • The game crashed on me once shortly after a map transition (heading up to Route 3 through the gate), when two audio tracks played at the same time. It was raining as well on Route 3 if that helps add any context! This one is a bummer of a crash... I've been looking into fixing it in Pokemon Splice for some time, but it seems to just happen randomly sometimes. I believe this one is related to the looping audio channel not properly stopping one track, and the channel getting congested with 2 tracks attempting to play at the same time. When anything is done that would play additional audio (Ex: opening a menu), the game just freezes and then crashes shortly afterward.
      • Partner Pokemon would frequently bounce around and sometime struggle to keep up with me as I ran around the region. They would sometimes shoot up to 10 tiles away from me at times, and it was really funny!
      • Some of the UI did not look great with the updated screen size, and ideally the UI elements would be moved/adjusted to align with the new screen edges. For example, the Pokedex is the default essentials dex, and it looks very much aligned with the top left of the screen, rather than filling the screen or appearing centered.
I did a complete playthrough of the game, and if you're interested in seeing how it went, you can check it out below! I started on version 1.1, and ended on version 1.4!
Thank you so much for all the feedback! Thankfully, most of the critical bugs were fixed in updates already, but I wasn't able to replicate the XP Candy glitch you had. Additionally, you can change the controls in the in-game pause menu via the options tab, so if you're using a controller you can customize it! Excited to watch the rest of the playthrough and I've def taken some of your feedback already.

P.S. If you figure out the audio glitch, tell me ASAP haha, it sucks.

FabieKing

Rookie
gotta say, defo one of the best fan games i've played!
i just have one lil bug though

when i lower the volume down to like, 15, it stays until i go in a battle or a new area, then it goes back to normal volume even though it stays 15 in the tab. i have to go to options, put it at 10, and back to 15.

Avery

Community Best Friend!