• Having trouble receiving email verification when signing up? Contact an administrator via our Discord server!
  • Consider joining our Discord server if you haven't already! Discord is a free voice and text chat platform that's more or less a combination of Skype and Teamspeak. Using Discord, you can chat with other Relic Castle members in real-time! Wowza! Click here for the details!
Trainer Intro: Looping BGM instead of ME

Resource Trainer Intro: Looping BGM instead of ME

boonzeet

Developer of Pokemon: Secrets of the Ages
boonzeet submitted a new resource:

Trainer Intro: Looping BGM instead of ME - Memorised the current BGM and plays a looping trainer intro, instead of a one-play ME

Pokemon Essentials is incredible, but one of the pain points for me was not being able to loop the Trainer Spotted themes. When I started using FMod for my project, the difference in functionality became noticeable.

This script memorises the current playing BGM, plays the Trainer spotted theme and uses the battle scripts to restore the theme back before launching the battle scene.

Ruby:
#===============================================================================
# Trainer Intro as...
Read more about this resource...

FloofyPanthar

Really busy right now, contact me thru email
Love it! Had no idea how to restore the BGM. Only problem is that it plays the BGM for a second right before the battle begins.