Completed Pokémon Pumpkin

Maxeneize

Rookie
Hey! I know I arrived late to the halloween party, but I've just discovered this game and I am thoroughly enjoying it. However, I am kinda stuck, not knowing where to go after meeting the Mayor in the cemetery and receiving strenght. There are two smashable rocks blocking the exit on the cemetery, a Red Gyarados member blocking the Ciclyng road and a police officer blocking the bridge to Elm City. So, how should I proceed?

OP
OP
Ekat

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
Hey! I know I arrived late to the halloween party, but I've just discovered this game and I am thoroughly enjoying it. However, I am kinda stuck, not knowing where to go after meeting the Mayor in the cemetery and receiving strenght. There are two smashable rocks blocking the exit on the cemetery, a Red Gyarados member blocking the Ciclyng road and a police officer blocking the bridge to Elm City. So, how should I proceed?
I'm glad that you're enjoying the game so far! Go to the gate between the Cemetery and the Forest, and take the northern exit. From there, you can climb up the mountain, now that you have Strength.

You won't get Rock Smash until near the very end of the game, although I'm sure you've noticed a couple areas, like the Mansion's Underground, where there are currently inaccessible places.

Hello New to the castle but when I downloaded the game here it said it was missing some file and wouldn't play. Is there any other link I could try to download the game from to get that file. Extracting showed no errors so it must be a missing file or there is something I am doing wrong. The thing it says when I open the game is RGSS-RTP Standard not found

OP
OP
Ekat

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
Hello New to the castle but when I downloaded the game here it said it was missing some file and wouldn't play. Is there any other link I could try to download the game from to get that file. Extracting showed no errors so it must be a missing file or there is something I am doing wrong. The thing it says when I open the game is RGSS-RTP Standard not found
Sorry, I keep meaning to get around to uploading a new copy of the game with the RGSS, but it hasn't been high on my life's priorities. Mostly because I don't really care for this game anymore. I'll add it now so people don't have to keep fixing it themselves.

OP
OP
Ekat

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
I would like to thank you for making the best Pokemon Fan Game I have ever played on my Twitch channel.
Also I just got to the graveyard and S C R E W Y O U! I didn't want to cry on stream, but here I am. Crying.
Funnily enough, I've actually been working on a remake of Pumpkin that's set to be released soon. Because the current one doesn't hold up to my standards. I'm not really active on RC, so here's a link to the Reborn thread. But either way, I'm glad that you enjoyed the game so far!

Okay this is a little embarrassing but I'm stuck at the investigation part xD I think I got all the clues but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have rock smash or not.

OP
OP
Ekat

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
Okay this is a little embarrassing but I'm stuck at the investigation part xD I think I got all the clues but I'm not sure and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have rock smash or not.

The game comes included with a guide that can help you along throughout the case. But if you don't want to run the risk of spoilers, then you're going to have to be more specific about where you are. (What evidence you have, who you've talked to, who you've fought, etc.) One thing I can assure you of though is that you do not need Rocksmash, it is in fact the last HM you need in the game.

Thunder

Novice
I never finished the first game since I got bored after the mansion case and stopped after giving bikers lunch or something. Hopefully I can be more interested in the redux version.

Dabadee

Novice
Hi there, I just started playing. I love the atmosphere even if I have only reached the mall as for now.
Since I found a pumpkaboo using honey on trees, I wanted to ask if there's an alternative-to-trading evolution method for it in game, like a stone or something (it would be a pity not to use the pumpkin pokemon in Pokémon Pumpkin)

Michael

That One Guy
Hi there, I just started playing. I love the atmosphere even if I have only reached the mall as for now.
Since I found a pumpkaboo using honey on trees, I wanted to ask if there's an alternative-to-trading evolution method for it in game, like a stone or something (it would be a pity not to use the pumpkin pokemon in Pokémon Pumpkin)
Yeah, the item is called "spare gameboy." You'll find a few along your way

Dabadee

Novice
This was creepy, comfy, aesthetically pleasing, cute, sad, intriguing, challenging, suprising in its plot twists. The minigames and puzzles were great and although the themes were serious didn't feel edgy at all thanks to the perspective of the protagonist. I feel like you've been able to really tell a story through the game and tackle both supernatural and "adult fears" (as the name of the trope) in a subtle and interesting way, which is something very rarely a pokemon game or fangame accomplishes.
I didn't feel the most 4th wall breaking humourous parts necessary, mainly because I'm mostly for in-world humour (I loved the gang's nicknames and the absurd moon parenthesis) and felt the adventourous pokémon feeling even in this setting. I believe you integrated really well the various aspects of the story with pokémon mithology, as the reveal fitted perfectly thanks to you adding the pokédex description.
When the slasher talked about a copycat I got the identity of the killer and her aggressiveness made sense in retrospect. The bitterweet ending is A+.
Encountered some bugs but nothing terrible
The game corner has a prize "PROTIEN", some trees and umbrellas block the player in weird ways, during the final battle my pokémon's sprites disappeared once they were revived
A true example of how paying attention to smaller games is worth it. If you're in a fall/winter mood do yourself a favor and play this game in the warm of your house, it's much more than a good pokémon game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ekat

Ekat

That One Guy's GF
This was creepy, comfy, aesthetically pleasing, cute, sad, intriguing, challenging, suprising in its plot twists. The minigames and puzzles were great and although the themes were serious didn't feel edgy at all thanks to the perspective of the protagonist. I feel like you've been able to really tell a story through the game and tackle both supernatural and "adult fears" (as the name of the trope) in a subtle and interesting way, which is something very rarely a pokemon game or fangame accomplishes.
I didn't feel the most 4th wall breaking humourous parts necessary, mainly because I'm mostly for in-world humour (I loved the gang's nicknames and the absurd moon parenthesis) and felt the adventourous pokémon feeling even in this setting. I believe you integrated really well the various aspects of the story with pokémon mithology, as the reveal fitted perfectly thanks to you adding the pokédex description.
When the slasher talked about a copycat I got the identity of the killer and her aggressiveness made sense in retrospect. The bitterweet ending is A+.
Encountered some bugs but nothing terrible
The game corner has a prize "PROTIEN", some trees and umbrellas block the player in weird ways, during the final battle my pokémon's sprites disappeared once they were revived
A true example of how paying attention to smaller games is worth it. If you're in a fall/winter mood do yourself a favor and play this game in the warm of your house, it's much more than a good pokémon game.
Thank-you for your thoughts! I just made a quick update to the game to fix what I could.

TheGamingPaladin

TheGamingPaladin - Youtuber, Foodie, Gamer 4 Life
i wouldve loved to play this, but for some reason anytime i try to download from a Gdrive link, i get a Failed - Forbidden error, so i guess no delightful Halloween themed fan game for me.